Roasted Cabbage Steaks with Caraway Vinaigrette
- Total Time
This recipe originally published in Bobby Flay FIT has been modified slightly for WW with permission.
caraway seeds1 tsp
sherry vinegar¼ cup(s), aged-variety recommended
Dijon Mustard1 Tbsp
fresh thyme1 tsp, finely chopped
kosher salt1 ½ tsp, divided (or to taste)
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided (or to taste)
extra virgin olive oil¼ cup(s)
uncooked red cabbage1 head(s), medium, medium size
uncooked green cabbage1 head(s), large, medium size
- In a small, dry sauté pan, toast caraway seeds over low heat, stirring frequently, until just fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; lightly crush toasted seeds with the bottom of a cool pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and thyme; season with 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified and then stir in caraway seeds; let sit at room temperature while you prepare cabbage.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove tough outer leaves from cabbages; slice four 1-inch-thick rounds from each cabbage (you will have the thinner ends of the cabbages leftover. Reserve those. Thinly slice and use in a stir-fry, soup or salad).
- Place cabbage rounds on prepared pan; coat both sides with cooking spray. Season cabbage with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Roast cabbage until soft and lightly golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove to a platter; immediately spoon vinaigrette over top.
- Serving size: 1 cabbage round plus 1 heaping Tbsp vinaigrette