Roasted butternut squash with Parmesan, lemon, and sage
Raw butternut squash
1 medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded (2 1/2 lbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp, coarsely ground
1 medium clove(s), chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp, freshly grated (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano)
1 tsp, minced
½ tsp, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with cooking spray, or just coat pan with cooking spray.
- Cut neck of squash crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut bottom of squash lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- Toss squash with oil on prepared pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat; spread into an even layer.
- Roast 15 minutes; remove from oven, flip squash and sprinkle with garlic. Roast until tender and light golden in spots, 8-10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle squash with Parmesan; return to oven and roast until cheese is melted, 2 minutes. Arrange squash on a serving platter; sprinkle with sage and zest (and add fresh black pepper, if desired).
- Serving size: about 3/4 c