- 1/4 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 6 medium uncooked shallot(s), sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 2 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spread almonds in a single layer in a nonstick roasting pan. Toast in oven until nuts are slightly browned and aromatic, stirring once, about 3 minutes. Immediately remove almonds from roasting pan; set aside.
Place Brussels sprouts in same pan used for almonds; add shallots. In a small bowl, combine broth, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and thyme; pour over vegetables and toss to mix and coat.
Roast Brussels sprouts until tender, shaking pan occasionally, about 30 minutes. Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with almonds.
Serving size: 3/4 c
- To make this recipe vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth. Replace the almonds with hazelnuts or pecans, if desired; just coarsely chop after toasting (could affect SmartPoints values).