Roast pork tenderloin with fresh blueberry sauce
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked red onion(s)
3 Tbsp, chopped, minced
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
Apple cider vinegar
Dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; cook pork, turning to brown on all sides, 6-8 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven; roast pork until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 145°F, about 15 minutes. Remove pork from pan; let rest while making sauce and then slice into 1/2-in-thick slices.
- Add onion to same skillet (do not wipe pan clean first); set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add broth, vinegar and sugar to pan; bring to a boil over medium-high, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add berries to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until berries burst and sauce is reduced to about 1 cup, 8-10 minutes. Serve sauce over pork slices.
- Serving Size: 3 oz pork, 1/4 c sauce