Roast pork dinner
2 Tbsp, extra-virgin, divided
1½ tsp, divided
1¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided
uncooked lean only pork loin
2 pound(s), use one whole 2 lb boneless roast
2 medium, cut into 8 wedges each
uncooked red onion(s)
1 large, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
uncooked baby potatoes
1¼ pound(s), red-variety, cut in half if large
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large roasting pan with heavy duty aluminum foil (for easy clean-up, if desired) and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, fennel seeds, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Rub mixture all over pork; place pork in prepared pan.
- Add vegetables and potatoes to pan; drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, tossing vegetables and potatoes halfway through cooking, until a meat thermometer inserted in center of pork registers 145ºF and vegetables are tender, about 45 to 55 minutes; transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice pork and arrange on a serving platter; spoon any juices from cutting board over pork. Place vegetables and potatoes in a serving bowl or place on platter with pork. Yields about 3 ounces pork and 1/2 cup each vegetables and potatoes per serving.