Roast chermoula chicken with butternut squash
- Total Time
To add a green vegetable to this one-pan dish, stir 3 cups packed baby spinach into the vegetables in the pan until wilted just before serving.
uncooked butternut squash1 pound(s), fresh peeled and cubed
uncooked shallot(s)3 large, each cut into 6 wedges
olive oil1 Tbsp
olive oil2 tsp
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper½ tsp
cilantro½ cup(s), packed fresh, leaves
fresh parsley2 Tbsp, packed fresh, leaves
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), chopped
jalapeño pepper(s)½ medium, seeded and chopped
ground cumin1 ½ tsp
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
saffrontsp, (1 pinch)
uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)20 oz, 4 (5-ounce thighs)
cooking spray1 spray(s)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- 2 Place squash and shallots in prepared pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and toss to coat. Roast 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, lemon juice, saffron, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in mini–food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- 4 Make 3 diagonal slits across top of each chicken thigh; spread cilantro mixture over chicken and into slits.
- 5 Remove pan from oven and carefully place chicken on top of vegetables. Roast until chicken is cooked through and squash and shallots are tender, 20–25 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and generous 1/2 cup vegetables