Roast chermoula chicken with butternut squash
Uncooked butternut squash
1 pound(s), fresh peeled and cubed
3 large, each cut into 6 wedges
½ cup(s), packed fresh, leaves
2 Tbsp, packed fresh, leaves
2 medium clove(s), chopped
½ medium, seeded and chopped
Fresh lemon juice
0 tsp, (1 pinch)
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce thighs)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Place squash and shallots in prepared pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and toss to coat. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, lemon juice, saffron, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in mini–food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- Make 3 diagonal slits across top of each chicken thigh; spread cilantro mixture over chicken and into slits.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully place chicken on top of vegetables. Roast until chicken is cooked through and squash and shallots are tender, 20–25 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and generous 1/2 cup vegetables