Risotto with asparagus & shrimp
1 pound(s), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
No-salt-added chicken stock
⅓ cup(s), finely chopped
1 Tbsp, leaves
Uncooked arborio rice
⅓ cup(s), dry
1 pound(s), large, peeled and deveined
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and rinse with cold water until cool. Set asparagus aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine stock and 1⁄3 cup water. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. (Do not let stock boil.) Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Coat large skillet or sauté pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium. Add shallots and thyme and cook, stirring often, until shallots soften, about 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add wine. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup warm stock and cook, stirring almost constantly, until liquid is nearly absorbed, about 3 minutes. Continue to add warm stock, 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is nearly absorbed and rice is almost al dente and reserving last 1⁄3 cup stock.
- Stir in salt and black pepper, then shrimp. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are cooked through and rice is al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in remaining 1⁄3 cup stock and cheese. Gently fold in asparagus.
- Serving size: about 11⁄2 cups