- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 large fresh apple(s), Fuji, peeled, cored, grated
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 24 oz uncooked rhubarb, fresh or frozen, trimmed, cut in 1-in pieces
- 1 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp uncooked tapioca, instant variety
- 7 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts, or pecans
- 1/3 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat twelve 3-inch ramekins with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; add rhubarb, lemon zest, pinch salt, tapioca and granulated sugar. Stir to combine; divide evenly among prepared ramekins.
Combine flour, oats, nuts, brown sugar and remaining salt in a food processor, blender or mini chopper; process into coarse crumbs. Pour crumbs into a small bowl; add butter and combine with your fingers until butter is fully incorporated. Drop clumps of flour mixture evenly over ramekins with your hands.
Bake until fruit starts to bubble and tops turn golden, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 30 to 60 minutes before serving. Yields 1 ramekin per serving.
- Add ground ginger and/or nutmeg to the topping for a little spice.