Ravioli salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Low-fat cheese ravioli
11 oz, (12 large pieces), frozen
White balsamic vinegar
1 small clove(s), crushed through garlic press
5 oz, 1 (5-oz. bag), baby variety
1 cup(s), halved
Orange bell pepper
1 medium, thinly sliced
Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Into another shallow bowl, pour buttermilk. Working with 2 pieces at a time, dip ravioli in buttermilk, then crumbs, pressing gently until coated. Arrange ravioli in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray ravioli with nonstick spray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: In large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and black pepper. When ravioli are done, add arugula, tomatoes, and bell pepper to bowl with dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among 4 plates or storage containers. Top each with 3 ravioli.
- Serving size: generous 1 cup salad and 3 ravioli