- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa, rinsed (or purchase pre-rinsed quinoa)*
- 2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby leaves, packed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add quinoa to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until quinoa starts to turn golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Add broth, black pepper and red pepper flakes to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in spinach, cover skillet and cook until spinach and quinoa are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 3 to 5 minutes; season with salt. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- *To rinse quinoa, place quinoa in a fine wire-mesh sieve. Place in sink and set under cold running water until water runs clear; shake off excess liquid. Quinoa is available in the grain or natural food section of the supermarket. To make this recipe pareve, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth or water.