Pumpkin pie muffins by Daphne Oz
White whole wheat flour
1 cup(s), puree
1 large, separated
¼ cup(s), or date syrup
Plain unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, applesauce, egg yolk, monk fruit sweetener, maple or date syrup, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients to center of well. Gently stir to combine.
- Place egg whites in a clean medium bowl and beat using a hand mixer on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Gently fold egg whites into batter (you should see small streaks of egg white throughout).
- Fill each muffin liners 2/3 full with batter and sprinkle pecans over top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for 15 minutes in pan. Then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving size: 1 muffin