1 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
1 Tbsp, peeled and grated fresh
Fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
3 pound(s), sugar variety, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks (6 cups)
1 large, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Light sour cream
Roasted pumpkin seed kernels
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, pumpkin, apple, salt, and pepper to Dutch oven and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until pumpkin is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let soup cool 5 minutes. Puree soup in blender in batches.
- Return soup to Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Serve sprinkled with pumpkin seeds.
- Per serving: 1 cup soup and 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds