- 1 cup(s) diet cola
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, habanero-variety recommended
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or more
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 1 cup(s) mixed greens
Preheat grill or broiler.
Combine cola, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, steak sauce, onion flakes and garlic powder in a heavy saucepan; gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly to obtain a gentle simmer; simmer barbecue sauce until reduced by a quarter, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, start to prepare chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill or broil chicken until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill and pull apart into shredded bite-size pieces with 2 forks (so you don’t burn your hands).
Combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a medium bowl; mix to evenly coat chicken.
Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, spooning about 1 cup of filling onto bottom half of each tortilla; top with mixed greens. Fold tortilla bottom over filling and then fold sides in toward center to enclose filling. Yields 1 wrap per serving.
- For a change of pace, serve the chicken mixture over mashed potatoes or rice. Or plate it with light slaw and cornbread.