- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium poblano chile, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 2 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, poblano and 1 tsp salt; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 7-10 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper, both chili powders and cumin; cook, stirring a few times, 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes; increase heat to high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and bring to a simmer; add chicken to pot. Cover and simmer until cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
Remove chicken to a plate; let cool 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, add beans and corn to pot; cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
Shred chicken with two forks; add back to soup. Stir in lime juice and remaining 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste); serve topped with yogurt, cilantro and scallions.
Serving size: 1 c soup, 2 Tbsp yogurt, 2 Tbsp cilantro/scallion