Prosciutto, kale, and mozzarella melts
2 oz, thinly sliced
3 medium clove(s), minced
Red pepper flakes
½ pound(s), stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
Mixed grain bread
6 oz, 6 (1-ounce) slices, toasted
Grated Parmesan cheese
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange prosciutto on prepared baking sheet in single layer. Bake until crisp, 5–6 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to plate. Maintain oven temperature. Do not wash baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add half of kale and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add remaining kale and the water. Cook, stirring often, until kale is crisp-tender and water evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt.
- Arrange bread on same baking sheet and sprinkle with Parmesan. Top evenly with kale; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Crumble prosciutto and sprinkle over sandwiches.
- Per serving: 1 open-face sandwich