- 2 cup(s) uncooked potato(es), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked leek(s), chopped, white part only
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 4 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked pearl barley
- 1 leaf/leaves bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 2 oz fat-free half-and-half
In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, leek, garlic, broth, barley, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and bacon; cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Stir in evaporated milk and half-and-half; heat through, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Yields about 1 2/3 cups per serving.