Pork chops with garlicky greens
1 medium, chopped
3 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
Uncooked Swiss chard
1 pound(s), rainbow variety, stems cut into 1/4-inch slices and leaves cut lengthwise in half and crossswise into 1/2-inch ribbons
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
9 oz, (1 bag)
½ tsp, coarse-ground
Uncooked lean boneless pork chop(s)
8 chop(s), loin, (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add Swiss chard, in batches, stirring, just until wilted before adding another batch. When chard is wilted, add broth and ¼ teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chard is almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, in batches, and cook, covered, until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, stir together paprika, thyme, pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in cup. Sprinkle over pork chops.
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat until hot. Add pork chops to pan and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Divide pork chops and greens evenly among 4 plates.
- Per serving (2 pork chops and 1 cup greens)