refrigerated biscuit dough
16⅛ oz, 16.3-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
fat free egg substitute
5 cup(s), (1/2-inch) diced fresh (about 1 pineapple)
fat free whipped topping
1 cup(s), thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in cup.
- Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on ungreased large baking sheet. Brush tops with egg substitute and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until golden, 14–18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make filling, combine pineapple, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in large skillet; cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until pineapple is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Split biscuits; let cool slightly, about 3 minutes. Place bottoms of biscuits on 8 plates. Top each with about 1/3 cup of pineapple filling and 2 tablespoons of whipped topping. Cover with tops of biscuits and serve warm.
- Per serving: 1 filled shortcake