- 4 medium uncooked potato(es), baking-variety, scrubbed, pierced several times with a fork
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 small uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chilies (undrained)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) golden seedless raisins, chopped
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place potatoes directly on rack in oven; bake until a knife easily pierces potatoes, about 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
While potatoes are baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. When hot, add beef, garlic and shallot; cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; stir in scallions and raisins.
To serve, slice each potato in half lengthwise and top with sauce. Yields 1 potato and about 1 cup sauce per serving.