- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cup(s) basil, leaves, fresh
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic clove(s), peeled
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Place pine nuts in a small skillet and set pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are golden, shaking pan frequently to prevent burning, about 3 minutes. Transfer nuts to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine nuts, basil, broth, cheese, oil, garlic and salt; process until smooth and thick. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.