Pear and cranberry clafoutis
1% low-fat milk
1 cup(s), (1%)
Fat free egg substitute
Unsweetened canned pears
15 oz, (1 can), pear halves in juice, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cranberries with enough hot water to cover in small bowl; let stand until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make batter, pour milk into medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on High until hot, about 2 minutes. Whisk together granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Gradually whisk in egg substitute and vanilla until smooth; whisk in hot milk until blended.
- Cut each pear half into 4 wedges. Arrange in prepared baking dish. Drain cranberries and sprinkle over pears; pour batter over. Bake until clafoutis is puffed, golden along edge, and knife inserted into center comes out clean about 30 minutes. Let cool in baking dish on wire rack until warm, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- Per serving: 1/6 of clafoutis