Pan-roasted grapefruit chicken with thyme jus
Pink grapefruit juice
8 fl oz, from 1 large Ruby Red or other pink grapefruit
1 large, Ruby Red variety (for chopping - you need 2 grapefruits total for this recipe)
1 Tbsp, leaves
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1¼ pound(s), four 5 oz pieces
Uncooked Brussels sprouts
2 cup(s), halved (about 7 1/2 oz)
2 medium, peeled, thickly sliced
½ tsp, or to taste
¼ tsp, or to taste
2 cup(s), chopped
2 large, thinly sliced
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Stir together grapefruit juice, mustard, honey, and thyme in a large rimmed, glass dish. Arrange chicken in a single layer; turn to coat, and set aside for 30 minutes. Peel and dice grapefruit; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium baking dish, toss together Brussels sprouts, carrots, oil, salt, and pepper; roast 10 minutes.
- While vegetables begin to roast, sear chicken. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade), and sear chicken, top side down, 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute more (do in two batches if necessary). Remove from heat.
- Remove roasting pan from oven; stir vegetables and top with kale. Arrange chicken over vegetables; roast until chicken is cooked through (should be an internal temperature of 165°F), about 10-12 minutes.
- Reheat sauté pan to high heat; add shallots and sauté for 30 seconds. Add reserved marinade; boil 1-2 minutes (to kill bacteria). Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in yogurt. Fold in diced grapefruit and season to taste (optional); serve over chicken and vegetables.
- Serving size: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 c vegetables and 3 ½ Tbsp sauce