Oven-fried chicken Milanese a la Greca
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), four 4 oz. breasts, pounded 1/3- to 1/4-inch-thick
1 tsp, divided
⅛ tsp, or to taste
2 large, lightly beaten
fresh lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil
white wine vinegar
6 oz, sliced in 1-inch ribbons (1 romaine heart)
⅓ medium, quartered lengthwise, sliced
uncooked fennel bulb(s)
½ item(s), trimmed, thinly shaved
uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, thinly sliced
roasted red peppers (packed in water)
½ cup(s), drained, cut into strips
12 medium, pitted, kalamata, sliced
2 Tbsp, chopped
crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; place an oven-safe rack over prepared pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, 3/4 tsp salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium heat. Add panko; cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer panko to a shallow dish.
- Combine egg whites and mustard in a second shallow dish.
- Dip a piece of chicken in egg mixture; turn to coat. Next, dredge both sides of chicken in panko; arrange on prepared rack. Repeat with remaining ingredients; coat with cooking spray. Bake chicken until crisp and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, in a large mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add romaine, cucumber, fennel, onion, roasted peppers, olives and dill to bowl; toss well and sprinkle with feta. Serve chicken with salad.