- 8 oz uncooked orzo
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, chopped
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, leaves, firmly packed, chopped
- 15 oz chickpeas (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Cook orzo according to package directions; set aside.
Meahnwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini, lightly salting it as it cooks, until slightly crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes; allow to cool.
Place zucchini in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients (including orzo); toss to combine. Allow salad to marinate in refrigerator for at least half an hour before serving. It may be served cold or at room temperature.