Orange-Chile Chicken with Grilled Vegetables 2
- Total Time
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound ) breasts
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), minced
green hot chili peppers1 item(s), (small), or red chile pepper, seeded and minced
ground cumin1 Tbsp
paprika1 Tbsp, smoked
fresh thyme1 Tbsp, chopped
orange(s)1 medium, grated zest and juiced
olive oil cooking spray4 spray(s)
uncooked new potato(es)1 pound(s), small
table salt1 tsp
uncooked asparagus½ pound(s), spears, trimmed
romaine lettuce2 head(s), hearts or Little Gem lettuce, halved lengthwise
lemon(s)½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Combine chicken, garlic, chile, cumin, paprika, chopped thyme, and orange zest and juice in large zip-close plastic bag. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lightly spray potatoes, asparagus, and lettuce with olive oil nonstick spray. Place chicken and vegetables on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are well marked, about 10 minutes for chicken, about 8 minutes for asparagus and potatoes, and about 3 minutes for lettuce. Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve chicken with grilled vegetables and lemon wedges.
- Per serving (1 chicken breast, 3/4 cup potatoes, 1/2 head lettuce, and about 4 asparagus spears)