Orange-chile chicken with grilled veggies
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound ) breasts
2 medium clove(s), minced
Green hot chili peppers
1 item(s), (small), or red chile pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tbsp, smoked
1 Tbsp, chopped
1 medium, grated zest and juiced
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked new potato(es)
1 pound(s), small
½ pound(s), spears, trimmed
2 head(s), hearts or Little Gem lettuce, halved lengthwise
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Combine chicken, garlic, chile, cumin, paprika, chopped thyme, and orange zest and juice in large zip-close plastic bag. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lightly spray potatoes, asparagus, and lettuce with olive oil nonstick spray. Place chicken and vegetables on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are well marked, about 10 minutes for chicken, about 8 minutes for asparagus and potatoes, and about 3 minutes for lettuce. Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve chicken with grilled vegetables and lemon wedges.
- Per serving (1 chicken breast, 3/4 cup potatoes, 1/2 head lettuce, and about 4 asparagus spears)