Orange bourbon sour
SmartPoints® value per serving
Use your favorite variety of orange for this cocktail recipe. Tart Seville, classic navel, pink-hued Cara Cara—they're all wonderful paired with the smoky sweetness of bourbon in this drink. Or, feel free to experiment with lots of different types to find out which ones you prefer the most. A light dusting of ground cinnamon and a fancy orange twist make for the perfect garnishes for these delicious bourbon sours.
Fresh orange juice
3 fl oz, from 1 large orange (plus some zest)
1 large, pasteurized
1½ fl oz
2 fl oz, chilled
1 pinch, for garnish
- Remove 2 strips of peel from orange with a vegetable peeler; set aside. Cut orange in half; squeeze 3 fl oz juice (6 Tbsp) into a bowl – remove any seeds.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice; add egg white. Pour bourbon and orange juice into shaker; cover and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Rim a cocktail or martini glass with one strip of peel; pour cold club soda into glass.
- Slowly pour contents of shaker into glass; let set for 30 seconds and egg white will rise to the top.
- Lightly dust egg white with a dash of cinnamon; garnish with an orange peel twist.
- Makes 1 cocktail.