Little neck clams
Whole-grain yellow cornmeal
2 large, chopped
4 sprig(s), plus additional for garnish
4 medium clove(s), medium, minced
OLD BAY Old bay seasoning
½ cup(s), dry variety
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
Uncooked baby potatoes
2 pound(s), rinsed and scrubbed
Cooked chicken chorizo sausage
12 oz, sliced into 12 chunks
4 medium, husked and halved
1 medium, cut into 8 wedges
- Scrub outsides of clams; place in a large pot of cold water. Add cornmeal to help clams release any grit; let soak, 15 minutes. Remove clams from pot; rinse.
- Heat butter in a large soup or stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 10-15 minutes. Stir in bay leaf, parsley, garlic and Old Bay; cook, 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook, 1 minute. Add broth; increase heat to medium-high.
- Place potatoes in pot over onion mixture and top with chorizo; place corn over chorizo and then add clams. Cover pot; cook until clams have opened, and corn and potatoes are fork tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove clams to a large platter (discard any that haven't opened); place corn in a serving bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove chorizo and potatoes to platter with clams; drizzle some broth from pot over clams, sausage and vegetables. Serve with remaining broth and lemon wedges on the side; garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: 4 clams, 2 slices sausage, ½ ear corn, ¼ lb potatoes, ¼ c broth