- 1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for a medium-hot fire.
Combine the turkey, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, ginger, coriander, hot pepper sauce, cumin, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a cylinder 5 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Chill 30 minutes. Insert a skewer, lengthwise, into the center of each cylinder.
Place the kebabs on the grill rack and grill, turning every 3 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through, 12–15 minutes. Yields 1 kebabs per serving.
- To get a head start on this recipe, you can make the cylinders of turkey the day before and refrigerate them, covered, until you’re ready to grill them. Added bonus—the flavors will get a chance to blend and develop this way.