A quick, easy sauce for whole-wheat noodles, cut-up vegetables, steamed tofu or even iceberg lettuce wedges.
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced sodium peanut butter, creamy, all-natural
- 3 Tbsp vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; whisk before using again. Yields about 1 tablespoon per serving.
- This sauce is also great tossed with peeled cucumbers that have then been shredded into long strips with a vegetable peeler.