My family’s seafood paella by Digital 360 Coach Kayla
½ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
Uncooked turkey sausage(s)
¾ pound(s), in casing, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
Cooked basmati rice
Sun-dried tomatoes (without oil)
½ cup(s), roughly chopped
1 medium, yellow variety, finely chopped
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Uncooked mussels in shells
1 pound(s), scrubbed and debearded
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, thinly sliced
½ pound(s), 36/40 per lb recommended
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, salt, and pepper; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and turkey sausage; cook, stirring, until starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, onion, and turmeric; slowly pour in broth and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover and arrange mussels over top; cover and cook until mussels open, 3 to 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Remove from heat and stir in green pepper and shrimp; let stand until most of the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 ½ cups