- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 medium uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 32 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced (four 8-oz packages)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 3 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 20 oz frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, or refrigerated variety
- 2 cup(s) shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- 12 large egg(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk, 1% variety
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, grainy variety
- 1 Tbsp chives, for garnish
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; cook, stirring often, until vegetables soften, 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary; cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
Coat inside of a 6-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Place third of potatoes in bottom; top with half vegetable mixture and 2/3 c cheese. Repeat layers with another third of potatoes, remaining vegetables and 2/3 c cheese; top with remaining potatoes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, remaining 1 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper; pour over casserole in slow cooker and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours. Serve sprinkled with chopped chives.
Serving size: 1 c
- To give this a true essence of the holiday and the reference to oil lasting 8 days, sprinkle crushed baked potato chips over top just before serving (could impact the recipe’s SmartPoints value).