Moroccan turkey and chickpea soup
1 small, finely chopped
Fresh baby spinach
Canned chicken broth
Canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, (1 can), drained
Frozen green peas
1 cup(s), thawed
15 oz, (1 can), rinsed and drained
Cooked turkey breast without skin
10 oz, (2 cups), diced
½ item(s), cut into wedges
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes, green peas, half of chickpeas, and the harissa and bring to boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Coarsely puree soup using immersion blender or regular blender.
- Return saucepan to medium-high heat. Add turkey and remaining chickpeas and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups