Moroccan turkey and chickpea soup
- Total Time
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 small, finely chopped
fresh baby spinach4 oz
canned chicken broth2 ½ cup(s)
canned diced tomatoes14 ½ oz, (1 can), drained
frozen green peas1 cup(s), thawed
canned chickpeas15 oz, (1 can), rinsed and drained
harissa paste4 tsp
cooked turkey breast without skin10 oz, (2 cups), diced
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
lemon(s)½ item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, just until wilted, about 1 minute. Add broth, tomatoes, green peas, half of chickpeas, and the harissa and bring to boil.
- 2 Remove saucepan from heat. Coarsely puree soup using immersion blender or regular blender.
- 3 Return saucepan to medium-high heat. Add turkey and remaining chickpeas and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 4 Ladle into 4 bowls and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups