Moroccan chicken summer rolls with spicy orange dipping sauce
fresh orange juice
5 Tbsp, divided
uncooked whole wheat couscous
1 Tbsp, finely chopped
rice paper wrappers
fresh mint leaves
1 medium, seeded, cut in 4-in strips
3 medium, or Cara Cara, seedless, peeled and sectioned
cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
8 oz, cut in 16 strips
1 cup(s), leaves
- To make dipping sauce, combine 1 Tbsp orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, and harissa in a small airtight container; shake well and set aside.
- Bring remaining 1/4 c orange juice, water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous, chives, and orange zest; stir, cover pot and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool; stir in 1 Tbsp of dipping sauce.
- Set a shallow bowl of warm water next to a cutting board; have a plate with a damp towel nearby.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in water until barely pliable but not limp, 30-40 seconds (the softer it gets, the more easily it will tear – you should still feel some of the paper’s texture); carefully slide it onto cutting board and lay flat (it will continue to soften as you work). Lay 1/8 of mint horizontally on lower third of wrapper, leaving about an inch on all sides. Top with 2 Tbsp couscous, 1/8 of cucumber and orange sections, 2 chicken strips, and 1/8 of arugula.
- Bring bottom edge of wrapper up and over filling, tucking carefully. Fold in sides; roll wrapper tightly. Transfer to plate and cover with damp towel; repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 rolls. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving size: 1 roll, 1 Tbsp sauce