- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 2/3 cup(s) hot water, boiling
- 1 3/4 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup(s) uncooked rolled oats, old-fashioned
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk, low-fat
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 18-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, combine the raisins and boiling water.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl whisk the eggs until frothy; whisk in the buttermilk, brown sugar, and butter. Stir in the raisins and their soaking liquid. Add the flour mixture and stir to just blend (do not overmix).
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20–22 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on wire racks.
- If you prefer a little crunch, sprinkle each muffin with about 1 teaspoon chopped pecans before baking.