Convenience foods like pre-sliced mushrooms and bagged coleslaw mix make this recipe a snap.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cup(s) packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), sliced
- 1 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 10 medium fat free flour tortilla(s), taco size
- 7 Tbsp hoisin sauce
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add tofu and cook over high heat, 5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden. Remove to a plate.
Heat remaining teaspoon oil in skillet. Add coleslaw mix, mushrooms and pepper and stir-fry over high heat, 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Add scallions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute until fragrant.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in soy sauce. (Note: This mixture can be transferred to a food storage container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. To serve, reheat in microwave before rolling in tortillas.)
To serve, heat tortillas as package directs. Spread each tortilla with about 2 teaspoon of hoisin sauce and top each with about 1/2 cup of tofu mixture. Roll up and fold in 1 end of tortilla to seal in mixture. Yields 2 filled tortillas per serving.