- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked Pacific cod, four 6 oz black cod or regular cod fillets
- 1/4 cup(s) miso
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 fl oz mirin, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil, dark-variety
- 1/4 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced very thin (for garnish)
Place fish, skin-side down, in a broiler-proof pan.
Place miso, sugar, mirin, ginger, oil and vinegar in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour glaze over cod and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Preheat broiler to high.
Broil fish until topping turns golden brown and starts to caramelize, and fish is no longer translucent in middle, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions. Yields 1 fillet per serving.
- Change the flavor of this recipe by adding chili or more ginger to the sauce and by finishing it with toasted sesame seeds or chopped cilantro (could affect SmartPoints value).