Mini apple pies
6 spray(s), divided
Unpacked light brown sugar
3 small, peeled, thinly sliced, Golden Delicious or other
3 sheet(s), (14 x 18 inch), frozen (2.2 oz total)
2 Tbsp, finely
- Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- To make filling, combine both sugars and cinnamon in a large bowl; add apples and toss to coat.
- To make crust, place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board; coat with cooking spray. Top with second phyllo sheet; coat with cooking spray. Top with third phyllo sheet; coat with cooking spray. (While forming the phyllo crust, make sure to keep your stack of phyllo covered with damp paper towels and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut phyllo crosswise into thirds and then cut in half lengthwise to form 6 pieces (6 x 6 1/2-in each). Arrange about 1/2 c apple mixture, in overlapping slices, down center of 1 phyllo stack, leaving a 3/4-in border; fold up edges of phyllo over filling, gently pressing against filling as you go. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 pies; lightly coat pies with cooking spray.
- Using a thin spatula, transfer pies, onto prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart; sprinkle filling evenly with walnuts. Bake until phyllo edges are golden and apples are tender, 30 minutes; transfer pies to a cooling rack with a spatula. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 pie