Mexican Chili Beef Burgers
- Total Time
Father's Day and burgers go hand-in-hand. We spiked ours with chili powder and then topped them with a salsa of fresh tomato, avocado and radish.
uncooked 93% lean ground beef1 pound(s)
uncooked onion(s)¼ cup(s), minced
minced garlic1 ½ tsp
chili powder1 ½ Tbsp, ancho-variety recommended
canned tomato juice¼ cup(s)
egg white(s)1 large
black pepper½ tsp, freshly ground
table salt½ tsp
fresh tomato(es)3 small, ripe, diced (about 1/2 cup total)
fresh radish(es)3 medium, diced, (about 1/4 cup)
avocado⅓ item(s), medium, Hass, diced
cilantro1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
fresh lime juice1 Tbsp
table salt¼ tsp
reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)4 item(s), toasted on grill
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, tomato juice, egg white, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; combine thoroughly. Form mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch-thick each.
- Place burgers on grill and increase heat to medium-high; cook for 5 minutes. Flip burgers and cook for 5 minutes more. Flip and cook 1 minute more on each side for medium (and longer for desired degree of doneness).
- Meanwhile, make salsa. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, radishes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; mix to combine.
- Serve each burger on a roll topped with about 1/4 cup of salsa.