- 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 medium corn tortilla(s), 6-inches each
- 30 oz canned black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 8 oz chopped green chili(es), canned
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine tomato sauce, salsa, cilantro, chili powder and cumin in a small bowl.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add as many tortillas as will fit in one layer. Cook about 1 minute, turning once, until lightly toasted. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Spoon 1/4 cup of tomato sauce mixture over bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or other round, shallow baking dish. Top with a tortilla and 1/4 cup more sauce. Spread with 1/2 cup of mashed beans; top with 2 tablespoons of green chilies and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 3 more layers and then top with remaining tortilla, sauce and cheese.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until heated through and sauce bubbles around edges, about 5 minutes more. Cut into 6 wedges and serve. Yields 1 wedge per serving.
- Store leftovers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.