Meat loaf with chive mashed potatoes
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
½ pound(s), (7% fat or less)
Uncooked skinless turkey breast
¾ pound(s), ground
1 medium, chopped
Old-fashioned rolled oats
Canned tomato sauce
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Hot pepper sauce
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
Fat free skim milk
Plain fat free yogurt
Light sour cream
1 Tbsp, chopped fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 5 x 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine beef, turkey, onion, and oats in large bowl. Stir together tomato sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper in small bowl. Add to beef mixture and stir until combined but not overmixed. Press meat-loaf mixture into prepared pan. Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meat loaf registers 165°F, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover in large saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, partially covered, until fork-tender about 12 minutes; drain and return to saucepan. With potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in milk, yogurt, sour cream, chives, and remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper. Rewarm over low heat.
- Cut meat loaf into 12 slices. Serve with potatoes.
- Per serving: 2 slices meat loaf and 1/8 of potatoes