- 4 1/2 cup(s) cooked macaroni, kept warm
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 3 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium green pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- While macaroni is still warm, place in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream and relish; toss to coat. Add peppers, carrot and onion; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Consider putting a little heat in traditional macaroni salad by blending 1 teaspoon of wasabi powder into the sour cream.