Lemon chicken with white beans and stuffed peppers
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, assorted-color red, orange, or yellow
4 small, cored and halved
3 medium clove(s), sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, cut into 8 wedges
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce thighs)
1 item(s), cut into 4 slices
Canned cannellini beans
15 oz, (1 can), rinsed and drained
⅓ cup(s), fresh, lightly packed, roughly torn
8 medium, black variety, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise, cutting through middle of each stem, leaving stems intact; scrape out seeds. Place 1 tomato half inside each pepper half; sprinkle with garlic. Place bell peppers and remaining 4 tomato halves on one side of prepared pan.
- Place onion on other side of pan; arrange chicken on top of onion. Sprinkle peppers and chicken with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place lemon slices on top of chicken. Drizzle peppers and chicken with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Roast until chicken is cooked through and edges of peppers are lightly browned, 30–35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer chicken and stuffed peppers to plate. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to pan. Using wooden spoon, break up tomatoes; add beans and stir to combine with onion. Return chicken to pan and roast until beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir basil and olives into bean mixture. Serve chicken with stuffed peppers and bean mixture.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 1 stuffed pepper, and about 1/2 cup bean mixture