Layered Mexican bean dip
Always a hit at parties, this easy-to-make dip is open to a variety of interpretations. It is also great topped with diced bell peppers, corn kernels, and shredded lettuce. Or, spread mild or hot canned diced green chiles over the beans, or sprinkle with jalapeño slices for extra heat. You can layer the ingredients in the order listed in the instructions, or you can make two sets of layers. Two layers work best in a smaller, deeper bowl. And be sure to use a clear bowl so friends and family can see all those layers!
Fat free refried beans
WW Reduced fat shredded Mexican style blend cheese
3 item(s), medium, Hass, finely mashed
Fresh lemon juice
Reduced fat sour cream
Fajita seasoning mix
1 small, chopped
2 medium, sliced
10 medium, black, sliced or chopped
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
- Spread the beans evenly over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish or a medium-size glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, salt, and lemon juice. Spread the avocado mixture over beans; top with the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the sour cream layer. Next, layer the remaining ingredients on top in the order listed.
- Serve immediately with chips or jicama slices and other fresh vegetables for dipping, or chill until ready to use.
- Serving size: About 1/4 cup of dip.