Korean chicken and rice bowls
Dark sesame oil
2 tsp, (Asian)
1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), ground
2 large, shredded
Canned chicken broth
Bd's Mongolian Grill Gochujang Sauce
1 serving(s), (2 Tbsp Korean hot pepper paste)
⅓ cup(s), fresh, chopped
Cooked brown rice pasta
8⅞ oz, (8.8 oz. package cooked brown rice, microwaved according to package directions)
1 medium, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
Crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp, or to taste (optional)
½ item(s), cut into wedges
- Heat a large deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat until drop of water sizzles in pan. Add oil and swirl to coat pan. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry until onion softens, 1–2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and add to pan with carrots. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, gochujang, and soy sauce. Bring to boil, stir-frying with wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Divide rice evenly among 4 bowls; top evenly with chicken mixture and cucumber. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if using. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture and about 1/3 cup rice