Korean Chicken and Rice Bowls
Dark sesame oil
1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
98% fat-free uncooked ground chicken breast
2 large, shredded
Canned chicken broth
Gochujang hot pepper paste
⅓ cup(s), fresh, chopped
Cooked medium grain brown rice
1 medium, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
Crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp, or to taste (optional)
½ item(s), cut into wedges
- Warm a large wok over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles in pan. Add oil and swirl to coat wok. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry until onion softens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add to wok along with carrots. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, gochujang, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, using a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from bottom of wok. Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Divide rice evenly among 4 bowls; top evenly with chicken mixture and cucumber. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if using. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice