Korean brisket tacos
Low sodium soy sauce
½ cup(s), or tamari sauce
Toasted sesame oil
4 medium clove(s), very finely chopped
1 Tbsp, peeled, very finely grated
Uncooked flat cut lean trimmed beef brisket
Uncooked green cabbage
¼ head(s), small, cored and thinly sliced (5 oz)
2 medium, grated
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 small, sweet variety, very thinly sliced
2 Tbsp, black variety
Seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 cup(s), fresh leaves
1 Tbsp, (optional)
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- Combine soy sauce, honey, oil, garlic and ginger in a sealable container; add brisket and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, occasionally turning meat in marinade.
- Transfer brisket and marinade to the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on low, turning occasionally, until beef is very tender and falling apart, 7-8 hours. Shred meat with two forks and transfer to a serving bowl; spoon drippings into a small bowl.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, scallions, onion, sesame seeds and seasoned rice vinegar in a bowl.
- When ready to serve, spoon ¼ c brisket onto a lettuce leaf and drizzle with some beef drippings; top with 1/4 c slaw and 1/2 Tbsp cilantro. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
- Serving size: 3 lettuce tacos