Key lime dessert shots
Fat free sweetened condensed milk
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
2 tsp, divided
Fresh lime juice
⅓ cup(s), from key limes
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
Graham cracker crumbs
Aerosol whipped cream
1 Tbsp, finely grated (for garnish)
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk and egg yolks; heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon butter and lime juice; pour into a shallow bowl and chill in refrigerator until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Fold yogurt into cooled lime mixture until just combined; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in microwave in a cup or small bowl. Add graham cracker crumbs and salt to butter; gently mix.
- Line up eight 2-oz shot glasses. In each shot glass, layer 1 tablespoon crumb mixture (pressing down to form a “crust” with the handle of a spatula or other utensil) and 2 heaping tablespoons key lime pie filling; top with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and garnish with lime zest.
- Per serving: 1 dessert shot