Jerk chicken with quinoa, mint, and mango
1 cup(s), tricolor variety, rinsed and drained
¾ tsp, divided
2 tsp, grated
Fresh lime juice
Uncooked red onion(s)
2 Tbsp, chopped, minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), four 1/4 lb cutlets
1 large, thinly sliced
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
Fresh mint leaves
½ cup(s), chopped
⅓ cup(s), chopped
2 medium, thinly sliced
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Set small saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and cook, stirring frequently, until dry and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in water and 1/4 tsp salt; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with fork. Transfer to large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk together lime zest and juice, oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper in small bowl. Stir in onion.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken cutlets with jerk seasoning and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Spray ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Place chicken on grill pan and grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add mango, bell pepper, mint, cilantro, and scallions to quinoa in bowl; pour dressing over and toss to coat. Divide chicken and quinoa evenly among 4 plates. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and 1 1/2 cups quinoa salad