Jalapeño cornmeal cake with fruit salsa
Plain fat free yogurt
Crushed pineapple canned in juice
2 large egg(s)
3 tsp, grated
1 tsp, minced
4 item(s), medium
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 x 2-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom with wax paper; spray wax paper with nonstick spray.
- 2 With electric mixer on medium speed, beat cornmeal, flour, sugar, oil, yogurt, crushed pineapple with juice, eggs, 1 teaspoon lime zest, the jalapeño, baking soda, and salt in large bowl until batter is smooth, about 1 minute.
- 3 Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake until golden and tooth- pick inserted into center comes out clean, 40–45 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack, 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake and remove from pan. Cool completely, right side up, on rack.
- 4 Meanwhile, to make salsa, stir together nectarines, plums, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime zest in medium bowl.
- 5 For presentation, top cake with about 1 cup of salsa. Cut cake into 12 wedges. Serve with remaining salsa.
- Serving size: 1 piece cake and about 1/2 cup salsa