Italian sausages come in sweet and spicy varieties – use your favorite.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), or turkey sausage, Italian-variety, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), chopped
- 2 large egg(s), whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Coat a small omelet pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add sausage, mushroom and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are softened, 5 minutes. Remove from pan to a bowl and stir in roasted pepper; set aside.
Wipe plan clean. Off heat, coat with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg; swirl to spread egg over pan and cook until bottom is set and top is nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Top omelet with chicken sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold omelet over; cook 1-2 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Serving size: 1 omelet