Irish oatmeal with brown sugar–cinnamon roasted apples
2 medium, Honeycrisp or Rome, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
Packed brown sugar
Uncooked steel cut oats
Golden seedless raisins
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl and toss to coat. Place apples on prepared baking sheet and spread to form single layer. Bake, stirring once, until apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water and salt to boil in large saucepan. Stir in oats and raisins. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender but still chewy, about 30 minutes.
- Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls and top with apples and walnuts.
- Per serving: 2/3 cup oatmeal, about 1/2 cup apple, and 1/2 tablespoon walnuts